Thing has been acting a bit out of sorts, refusing to play the castanets, or play "fast draw" with the children. When Thing goes missing, Gomez puts on his deerstalker and starts grilling the family members. When that proves fruitless, Morticia calls the police, who suggest she run an ad in the lost and found. The ad, which gives their home address as 0001 Cemetery Lane, brings in lots of odd things, but not Thing. They receive a ransom note, so they call in detective Sam Diamond, a play on Sam Spade, to deliver the ransom.
- Morticia brushes Wednesday's hair one hundred times with a cactus, which makes her head feel tingly and works better than her old porcupine quill brush.
- Lurch's head is partially visible behind the table during the hair-brushing scene.
- Fester insults Thing by calling him "Claude Cuticle" and "Mr. Fingers."
- When Thing grabs Fester's nose, he is a left hand, instead of his usual right.
- Gomez went to law school, but he missed the day on the fifth amendment.
- Thing signs his name Thing T. Thing; the "T" stands for Thing, so his full name is Thing Thing Thing.
- Sam is paid $8402 dollars in actual diamonds; Gomez figures the value just by holding the gems in his hand.
- Thing taps out words in code, similar to Morse code.
- It was remade for The New Addams Family episode with the same name.
- Marinated Gizzard of Lizard
- Morticia: "How can you be so callous?"
Fester: "I've been practicing."
Gomez: "That does help."
Links and References