The Addams Policy is the twenty-eighth episode of the second season of the original series of The Addams Family, and the sixty-second overall episode of the series. It first aired 25 March 1966 on ABC.
Morticia has a new flame thrower. Uncle Fester tries to light Gomez' cigar with it, but hits the Bear behind him and burns it to ashes. They make a claim to Double Indemnity, their insurance company. Manager Mr. Henson is infuriated because his clerk, Joe Digby, had forgotten to cancel the Family's coverage. Digby visits the house to adjust the claim, but flees when he sees Kitty Kat. Digby is in a quandary as Gomez wants the bear replaced, but he can't find one big enough. Mr. Henson asks the family to re-enact the accident, so Fester comes down the fireman's pole and tries to light a cigar in Henson's mouth. Henson fires Mr. Digby and tears up the policy.
Gomez feels sorry for the clerk and decides to help him by opening an insurance company in his name. The Family will be his staff, and they will specialize in covering people whom conventional insurance rejects. When their first client arrives, Fester gives him a medical exam that almost breaks his leg. Grandmama uses her crystal ball to work out his life expectancy and reveals him to be Mr. Henson in disguise. Gomez threatens to remove all his companies' insurance from Henson's firm, and Henson is faced with the staggering loss has to back down and rehire Digby. Henson goes to hunt a replacement bear in Alaska, but is caught in an avalanche and winds up in traction in the Seaside Hospital in Anchorage. He does manage to replace the bear, but Fester promptly sets it on fire again.
- Gomez mentions his mango plantation, Mangoes Incorporated, his crocodile farm in Mozambique, Crocodiles Unlimited, and Tapioca Limited, his tapioca mines at the top of Mount Everest. Morticia mentions Amalgamated Swamp and his buzzard farm.
- When Thing hands Morticia the telephone, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Morticia refers to the polar bear as 'Smokey' after it is burned down.
- The replacement Bear is the brown bear from Season One.
- Despite Lisa Loring and Ken Weatherwax being credited, they only appear in the opening and closing credits.
- Instant Yak - Toasted