Uncle Fester is bored. Morticia suggests he take Zelda, her pet vulture, for a stroll, but he wants to take a trip. Gomez and Morticia reminisce about a picnic they took on Devil's Island, but they nix a trip to the tar pits because Fester goes wild there. They think Death Valley is probably overrun with tourists since they first discovered it, so they decide on a family outing to the moon, but think it will be costly. They head to the play room to ask Whizzo, the computer built by Gomez and Pugsley, how much such a trip would cost. It computes that they will need to raise just twenty-one dollars and thirteen cents over a billion. Fortunately, Whizzo can predict the winners of horse races.
- Cousin Nanook is referenced in this episode, as is Aristotle.
- When Thing hands Gomez the money, he is a left hand, instead of his usual right. When he hands Mr. Hulen a pistol and then some hemlock whiskey, he is also a left.
- The Addams Family owns a Farnsworth brand television, the company founded by the inventor of the television, Philo T. Farnsworth.
- Uncle Fester says the fish in the aquarium ate each other and Morticia frets that the children love their pet piranha.
- Despite Blossom Rock, Ken Weatherwax, and Lisa Loring being credited, they only appear in the opening and closing credits.
Links and References