|The Addams Family|
|Starring|| Leonard Weinrib |
|No. of Episodes||16|
|Main Directors||Charles A. Nichols|
|Main Writers|| Charles Addams|
|Producers|| Joseph Barbera|
|Run Dates||8 September - 22 December 1973|
The Addams Family continued their adventures in this animated television series. In 1972, they were guest stars on an episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies. That is often considered a pilot episode for this, their own animated series which aired the following year.
The Addams Family was aired on NBC Saturday mornings from September 8 to December 22, 1973. Although Coogan and Cassidy reprised their roles, Astin and Jones did not, their parts being recast with Hanna-Barbera voice talents Lennie Weinrib as Gomez and Janet Waldo as Morticia, while an eight-year-old Jodie Foster provided the voice of Pugsley. Again, the characters were drawn to the specifications of the original Charles Addams cartoons. One season was produced, and the second season consisted of reruns.
The show's theme music was completely different and had no lyrics and no finger snaps, although it retained a bit of the four-note score from the live-action show.
It reran on Cartoon Network (Boomerang) in 1993–Present
In this series The Addams Family bought a Creepy Camper, a recreational vehicle that resembled their mansion and seemingly had just as much room inside. Packing the whole family and some ooky pets inside, they traveled around the country helping folks they met along the way.
- Leonard Weinrib as Gomez Addams
- Janet Waldo as Morticia Addams
- Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester
- Ted Cassidy as Lurch
- Jodie Foster as Pugsley Addams
- Cindy Henderson as Wednesday Addams
- Janet Waldo as Granny Frump
- John Stephenson as Cousin Itt
- A complementary comic book series was produced in connection with the show, but it lasted only three issues.
See "The Addams Family (animated 1973) Episodes", please.
- Executive Producers: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Directed by Charles A. Nichols
- Produced by Iwao Takianoto
- Associate Producers: Paul Sommer and Maurice Pooley
- Story: Bill Raynor, Bud Atkinson, Jack Mendelsolm, Miles Wilder, Dick Conway and Gene Thompson
- Story Direction: Jim Carmichrel, Carl Fallberg, Dave Hanan, Fred Crippen, Jan Green and Don Sheppard
- Character Design: Talutshi Masunaga
- Animation Director: Carl Urbano
- Animating Supervisor: James A. Pabian
- Dialogue Director: Wally Burr
- Background Styling: F. Monteniegre
- Musical Director: Hoyt Curtin
- Music Supervisor: Paul DeKorte
- Unit Directors: Arthur Humberstone, Mike Salter and Terry Harrison
- Production Manager: Dennis Gardiner
- Supervising Editor: Mel Roberts
- Layouts: Ted Pettingell, Toni Bailey, Jolm Cooper and Mel Darsler
- Backgrounds: Geoff Channell, Caird Green, Chris Collingwood, Jane Penning and Jolm Dick
- Animation Coordinators: Graeme Stubbings, David Thwaytes and Alma Sachs
- Trace and Paint Supervisor: Sally Wails
- Animators: Janet Nuon, Mike Pocock, Tom Barling, Peter Sachs, Bryan Foster, Joirn Swanson, Mike Murphy, Rosemary Welch, Manie Szrnichowska, Lew Saw, Jim Waddell, Enrique Arnau, Marlene Robinson and Alan Simpson
- Characters Created by Charles Addams