Arthur J. Henson has been made city Commissioner, and he condemns the Addams Family house in order to evict them and build a freeway in its place. Gomez has ignored notices of condemnation. The Addamses hear a series of loud explosions not traceable to any family members. When the demolition crew tries to set up the charges inside the house, Gomez has them thrown out. Mr. Henson comes over, giving them 24 hours to vacate. Gomez decides that he'll fight City Hall and challenge them legally, but sneakily. He calls the Hensons over and announces he's bought a new plot of land, where he aims to relocate the Addams family house and create a new set of swamps. It's the plot next to the Hensons' house. The next day, they begin to move the house as their current neighbors cheer, but Henson hastily revokes the freeway plan and buys the plot from Gomez. The Addams Family home is then returned to its original site.
- Cousin Plato, Lord Chief Justice Sir Anthony Cliveden-Addams and his wife Lady Abigail Cliveden-Addams are mentioned in this episode.
- Cleopatra makes an appearance.
- When Thing hands Henson his hat, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Despite Lisa Loring and Ken Weatherwax being credited, they only appear in the opening and closing credits.
- It was remade for The New Addams Family episode "Progress in the Addams Family".