Ophelia Visits Morticia is the twenty-fourth episode of the second season of the original series of The Addams Family, and the fifty-eighth overall episode of the series. It first aired 25 February 1966 on ABC.
Ophelia's latest beau, Montrose, is the sixth to jilt her this year (the fifth was Humphrey, lucky devil). As Gomez observes: "In the school of romance, I'm afraid she's just a drop-out." When Ophelia laughs at him, Uncle Fester decides to he can join the Peace Corps like Montrose did. She suggest that if he does join, then he can find Montrose for her. The family take turns helping him study before he takes the exam. They get the news that the Peace Corps does not want Fester, but dare not break this news to Fester, who'll be upset, so they try convince him to stay. Gomez consults the stock ticker and pretends he's lost all his money and needs help, so Fester will stay. Morticia claims to need inspiration from Fester for her paintings, so he dresses as an angel and suspends himself from the roof. Fester now feels needed at home so he decides not to join. However, Ophelia is still pining for Montrose, but he has quit the Corps and returned to her.
- When Cleopatra flirts with Gomez, he says he'll call Nairobi and have his man send a male African Strangler for her.
- When Fester slides down the fireman's pole to get his shot, Cousin Farouk is missing.
- Despite Blossom Rock and Ken Weatherwax being credited, they only appear in the opening and closing credits.
- The episode "Fester Joins the Global Mercenaries" from The New Addams Family had several plot elements are taken from "Ophelia Visits Morticia".
- Sauteed Bat-Wings
- Brisket of Warthog
- Sweet & Sour Scorpion Stew