Ophelia Finds Romance is the twentieth episode of the second season of the original series of The Addams Family, and the fifty-fourth overall episode of the series. It first aired 28 January 1966 on ABC.
Ophelia needs help with her latest romance. She met Horatio Bartholomew at a Lonely Hearts' Club luau, and Granny Frump objects to him. Gomez and Morticia both think he's a phony, and try to convince Cousin Itt to marry Ophelia instead, but he's not interested. Ophelia won't listen to them, and prefers the opinion of Grandmama, who saw in her crystal ball that he's loaded and would make a perfect husband. When she slides up the fireman's pole to see him, Gomez remembers Horatio's claim to have studied at Heidelberg, and thus be an excellent swordsman. Gomez decides to test Horatio and fences with him, and loses. He also loses to him at cards. Morticia tries to prove he's a ladies' man by flirting with him, but he rejects her for Ophelia. Then Gomez discovers that Horatio is actually the second richest man in the world and not a phony after all. He tries to make up for his suspicions by teaching Horatio Zen yoga, but Horatio hates it. Ophelia decides that this means he's unsuitable and breaks up with him. Itt reappears, having decided he'd like to marry Ophelia, and she carries him off. Nobody is too surprised, however, when she breaks off that romance as well.
- Carolyn Jones plays Ophelia Frump in this episode.
- Though the stock market is closed, Gomez checks the Stock Ticker to keep in practice.
- When Gomez accidentally stabs the Bear he calls it Bruno.
- Cleopatra is mentioned.
- When Thing pushes Horatio, he is a left hand instead of his usual right. He is a left again when he delivers the mail at the end of the episode.
- Despite Lisa Loring and Ken Weatherwax being credited, they only appear in the opening and closing credits.
- Flambeau of Jellyfish