Lurch's Grand Romance is the twenty-ninth episode of the second season of the original series of The Addams Family, and the sixty-third overall episode of the series. It first aired 1 April 1966 on ABC.
Morticia's old school chum Tiny Trivia arrives for a visit. She's into show-biz and very theatrical. Lurch falls for her, but, though she thinks he's cute, she has no time for love. Wednesday tries to teach Lurch modern dance to help him snare Trivia, but that's a failure. Uncle Fester takes him to the play room for a course on the femenine mystique, which merely discourages Lurch, and he decides to kill himself. Gomez tries to help by writing a suicide note, but Lurch changes his mind and decides to live. Morticia suggests serenading Trivia, this too ends in failure.
Grandmama brews a love potion and gives it to Trivia. The love potion works too well, and Trivia attacks Lurch, and then Gomez. The potion just makes her insatiable for all men. Fester tries to explain, but she goes for him next, and then Cousin Itt. Finally, the potion wears off, and she returns to normal. Lurch is glad to see her leave. Grandmama can't understand what went wrong, but will test the potion on herself next.
- The polar Bear is back, and the Fireman's Pole is missing.
- Morticia puts Cleopatra on a low-calorie diet because her tentacles are getting thick.
- When Thing writes the suicide note, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Casanova Addams is mentioned.
- Morticia knits another Aristotle-shaped sweater.
- Despite Ken Weatherwax being credited, he only appears in the opening and closing credits.
- Salamander Puffs
- Yak Juice